Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wu Shang Pagoda and More



This time I promised another cool pagoda, and a cute kid that looks like Charlie Brown. This is Wu Shang pagoda...not much to see inside, but still nice, and the view was fantastic.


This is the Leifeng Pagoda as seen from the Wu Shang Pagoda...got all of this straight?

This is Zuzana from Slovakia and Sabina (you know) from Switzerland




Here is the little guy that looks like Charlie Brown, cute kid right?...and this guy actually had a crotch on his pants. I have to take a second to say that everyone here, with the exception of maybe one person that I have met (and he was a cab driver from another city...not Hangzhou), has been very very friendly...much friendlier and excitable than americans on the whole. ...much happier it seems, at least in daily life. They seem so willing to embrace you with a smile, and talk to you...eventhough I cant communicate with them. Anyone reconsidering adoption? Its not too late...I can still bargain for you. Ni hao little man!


You know what else is cool about China? I cant really articulate it, but this picture says what I am getting at. I was all: "Waaaiiiiit....I ....know...you from somewhere...."



So today I tried duck tongue during one of our breaks at school. That's Jennifer in the picture. She is one of the teachers and she was kind enough to share with me. I found out after I threw mine away, that I was eating the wrong end of the duck tongue...I was trying to nibble off those long skinny things, but its actually the thick part that is the tongue. I was nibbling the things that go down the back of the throat...I know in the picture, it seems obvious what is what, but when you are looking at it, believe me its not that straight forward. It tasted ...like duck.

Ballsey? maybe, but believe me, once you are over here, you are like: "Well, okaayy..." You dont want to be that guy who doesnt try anything right? BUT, in one case I was that guy. Below are pictures from the tea house we went to after class. The last picture is of our van driver with his meal.






Its a baby chicken fresh out of the egg. :) Look, he's talking to you!
Ni Hao, little chicken!... .....

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Can you steal Charlie Brown for me? It's great that he's already trained to wear pants. This way there will be less accidents on my carpet... Score!

Duck tongue rocks. Shocking how there's a BONE in their tongue, huh?

It is really lush there. It's so green and dense--I used to think that those painters and calligraphers were just being abstract and drawing pretty pictures, but I guess they were drawing what they really saw out their windows.. huh...

Baby chicken right out of the shell? I've heard of this being a delicacy in the Phillipines, but never in China... Was it partially alive still? Wow. Tender, I bet...

8:59 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

You've been gone a whole month now.. Wow. I'm glad you are having such a great & interesting time! Duck tongue... How imaginative.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home